Kellean K. Truesdell, J.D., LL.M.
Attorney & Counselor at Law
The Law Firm of Kellean K. TRUESDELL, P.A.
The Truesdell Professional Building
200 NW 52nd Avenue
Ocala, Florida 34482
Monday through Thursday
9:30 am to 4:30 pm - By Appointment Only
Scheduling prevents the delay of desired services. Informal dropping-in with the expectation of meeting with anyone from the Law Firm is an unrealistic expectation due to the nature and maturity of the Firm. The Law Firm's support staff cannot provide legal advice and the receptionist does not answer incoming telephone calls. All incoming calls are answered by the auto-attendant and returned by an assigned support staff member during normal business hours.
We strongly encourage the use of our SCHEDULE CONSULTATION program.
Special Note: The services of the Law Firm are limited to friendly and cooperative clients; prima donnas and argumentative personalities should seek the services of another firm.
For Prospective or Existing Clients:
Generally Speaking Notes - Open this PDF, print, and take notes during the Generally Speaking audio.
Discovery Questionnaire - A password is required to open the Questionnaire. Contact the Law Firm for access.
AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, TRUSTEES and Non-Engaged Heirs of an Estate
Truesdell Law has prepared the audio below as a primer to working with a white-glove law firm. If your prior legal experience has solely consisted of divorce, litigation, and/or criminal representation, you are strongly encouraged to listen the this audio. Those named as the Successor Trustee to a Trust, Personal Representative to a Will or Pour-Over Will, and/or Agent on a Durable Power of Attorney, Health Care Power or Living Will, will benefit from appropriate and mutual management of expectations. The information being made available does not constitute legal advice or retention of the Law Firm for estate administration or other services.
Kellean Kai Truesdell, J.D., LL.M.
Kellean Kai Truesdell, J.D., LL.M. is a practicing Attorney & Counselor at Law whose practice is and has always been limited since 1992 to estate planning and management, elder law, asset protection, and wealth transfer. Attorney Truesdell is a member of the Florida Bar, the Real Property, Probate and Trust Division and the Elder Law Division. Mrs. Truesdell's Masters Degree in Law (LL.M.) is from the University of Miami School of Law in Estate Planning. Attorney Truesdell has drafted over a hundred thousand documents for thousands of individuals and couples throughout Florida. The Truesdell Living Will and the Truesdell Uniform Medical Status Information Release (UMSIR) are two examples of the unique and compassionate professionalism that distinguishes the Firm from others.
Clients consistently refer family, friends, neighbors, relatives, and co-workers to the Law Firm because of the compassion, empathy, efficiency, and common sense approach by all members. Estate planning and elder law is complex and always changing due to federal and state laws, rules, and regulations. The Law Firm has maintained regular contact with clients through workshops, seminars, podcasts and traditional mailings. Over 20,000 individuals attended in-person seminars and workshops between 1992 and 2012 where a member of The Firm spoke as the host or guest speaker.
- Simple Wills
- Complex Wills
- Pour-Over Wills
- Living Wills
- Revocable Trusts
- Health Care Advance Directives
- Durable Financial Powers of Attorney
- Pre-Need Guardian Affidavits
- Irrevocable Trusts
- Medicaid Income Trusts
- Special Needs Trusts
- Generation-Skipping Dynasty Trusts
- Life Insurance Trusts
- Credit Shelter Trusts
- Grantor Retained Annuity Trusts
- Charitable Remainder Trusts
- Charitable Lead Trusts
- Qualified Personal Residence Trusts
- Private Foundations
- Qualified Domestic Trusts
- Family Limited Partnerships
- And more...
Planning & Counseling
- Comprehensive Estate
- Elder Law
- Probate Administration
- Trust Administration
- Personal Trustee Services
- Asset Protection
- Asset Preservation
- Wealth Transfer
- Federal Transfer Tax
- Long-Term Care
- Life Care
- Small Business
- Ownership Transfer
- Key Employee
- Policy Analysis
- Litigation Support
- Analysis & Litigation Support
- Trust Administration
- Successor Trustee
- Supervisory Trustee
- Delegated Duty Trustee
- Special Needs Trustee
- Counsel to Trustee
- Pet Trustee
- Probate Administration
- Disposition Without Administration
- Summary Administration
- Full Administration
- Personal Representative
- Counsel to Representative
- Personal Care
- Durable Power Agent
- Health Care Agent
- Living Will Agent
- Personal Care Supervision & Oversight
- Comprehensive Life Care
Agents, Representatives & Trustees
If you are named as an Agent, Representative or Trustee (ART) for a family or non-family member, here are a few items to make the process efficient and less stressful.
- Experience: This is not a street-level law firm. We do not accept or work with confrontational and difficult people. There are plenty of law firms and attorneys in need of business; we are not one of those. Using medicine as an example, we are not a 24 hour medical walk-in clinic, instead, we are akin to a highly experience and trained medical specialist.
- Confidentiality: Client confidentially prohibits anyone in the Firm to discuss anything about any client without expressed authorization from the client. Note that we fully understand that your mother and father may be clients, but if you are not named in their documents, we cannot discuss anything with you.
- Attitude: Confrontational behavior is not tolerated. Regardless of how many times you call to complain, the estate settlement process is a process that cannot be rushed. A licensed attorney in the State of Florida is an Officer of the Court and there are federal and state laws, rules and regulations, along with local procedures with each circuit and judge that cannot be changed. Regardless of your prior experience with with the legal system in another state, Florida is a world-wide melting pot, whose laws reflect its diversity and complexity.
- Communications: The Law Firm works on scheduled telephone, video and in-person consultations. All incoming calls are answered the phone system auto-attendant. Leave a detailed message for the person you wish to speak with and the best times to return your call. A complete record of all incoming and outgoing phone calls, including the name of the caller, the number or extension dialed, and the time, date, and duration of the call are recorded. Those complaining that their calls were not answered should know that all dialed calls, regardless of connection, result in a call log entry.
- Free Consultations: The Law Firm does not provide free consultations due to the availability of the extensive audio and video library available without cost or obligation.
ATTENTION ART CLIENTS: If you have named Attorney Kellean Truesdell as your Agent, Representative, or Successor Trustee (ART) and have had a change in physical, emotional, intellectual, relationship or financial status, notify the Law Firm without delay. ART Clients who have become ill, are involved in accidents, or are victims of a crime receive priority attention over all other Law Firm matters, regardless of the day or time-of-day, The Law Firm responds promptly to the needs of ART Clients. All other non-emergency matters require scheduled consultations.
Accountants, advisors, agents, bankers, brokers, AND FINANCIAL PLANNERS
Who, what, where, when, why, and how.